Programme Compliance Manager
Purpose of role:
Oversee programme compliance according to legal and regulatory guidelines for all broadcast materials (long and short form) for channels in Russian feeds. Assign and supervise programme compliance staff to ensure that all materials are reviewed, amended and delivered according to broadcast deadlines. Train all compliance staff on legal and regulatory requirements and review compliance edits to ensure that FNG is abiding by these restrictions for all content. Budgetary responsibility for any direct costs associated with compliance editing and delivery.
- Research and be up to date with local legislation in what refers to content compliance, studying the available information, competitors actions in order to define the FNG content compliance standards and criteria in line with Programming and MKT strategy and priorities.
- Manage the daily workflow for the compliance team reviewing all monthly schedules and listings for all FNG Russian feeds Channels.
- Assign compliance edits for Russian feeds materials to compliance staff and cross train entire compliance team so all channels will be covered in case of holiday or staff absences.
- Supervise all compliance editing. Viewing and editing new material for compliance, dependent on departmental workload.
- Manage compliance team member´s individual performance, training and development.
- Ensuring availability and suitability of transmission material for Russian feeds and final sign off on any contentious compliance issues
- Work with Technical Operations on streamlined approach to editing, version creation and digital delivery in order to transfer files to transmission playout and/or non linear platforms more quickly.
- Relations with versioning houses, On Air Production team and other FNG offices.
- Review and approve and direct costs and budgetary needs during the Fiscal year for compliance department.
- Bachelor’s degree in TV/cinema or media-related field is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in the TV broadcast industry, including substantial compliance knowledge and censorship.
- Working knowledge of Roskomnadzor and other locally applied legislations within the Russian feeds and experience in programme compliance,
- Knowledge of video tape formats, video file formats, video file codecs, file transfer software (Signiant, Aspera) and digital file workflow.
- Editing experience using Avid and Adobe Premiere or other Non Linear Editing system is a must.
- Demonstrated success in working with a culturally diverse staff including management and non-management employees and experience in conflict resolution.
- Possess a thorough understanding of a multi-network digital broadcast television facility and knowledge in digital file creation and distribution.
- Strong leadership, administrative, management, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- A good command of spoken and written English language.
- Literate & Numerate, good knowledge of MS office.